Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Brief Explanation

There have not been many posts from me of late because a lot has happened. I didn’t have much time to digest what has happened, what more post it all up. Some would call it some what dramatic.

As of 2 weeks ago, I’m no longer at Saatchi. The details are too long and possibly too sensitive for me to elaborate further but essentially, I’m jobless but I’m still being employed by Saatchi. A strange concept huh?

On the first Monday which I didn’t need to be at work, I woke at 8am only to realize that I didn’t have to be at work.

After 3 years, your body sort of gets into a routine. Those years there were filled with challenges, frustrations, learnings, drunkenness, travel, fun, crazy times and the forging of some strong friendships.

I felt a sense of loss when I didn’t need to go to work. I wanted the familiar environment during a weekday, I wanted structure and I missed my friends and colleagues!

But as a wise friend told me, I’m not Bubbles of Saatchi. I’m Bubbles the Powerpuff Girl! I don’t need work to feel justified!

I now spend my time by planning for the weeding and the honeymoon, planning to move to a new home and lunches with all the colleagues I miss. And also catching up with friends whom I didn’t have time to meet because I was constantly tied up with work.

So for all the friends and readers who have been concerned after reading my last post, thank you but I’m in a very good place right now. It started out with apprehension, fear and doubt but right now, I could not have asked for a better outcome. How many people get to have time to plan their wedding and move house yet not have a need to worry about money?

I’m more tired now that I was when I was working. But I’m tired out doing all the things which are important to me and that makes all the difference in the world.

And best of all, once the wedding is over and I’ll come back from the honeymoon, I’ll be starting a new job in another agency with a better position and better pay. More details about that when I reach that bridge.

So really, I could not have asked for a better outcome for the position I was in.

Expect more posts from me now that I have more time on my hands and as the wedding comes closer.

I would like to express my deepest thanks to friends who have helped me trough this period. The things which you’ve done and even just your thoughts and support have touched me. I’m truly blessed.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi, I know this is totally random but I just want to drop a line to wish you all the best in your future, keep your posts coming and looking forward to reading more of your magical wedding experience.

Fieran said...

Wow. That is a lot of guts! I am impressed. You go girl :)

Bubbles said...

Thanks Suzanne & Fieran! Yup there was a lot of drama but my life now is unbelievably good. More time for what's important, all my chores get done, I've time to put my life in order and best of all, my face and skin shows it! :)

Thanks for your support!