Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day Back At Work

My heart almost broke and I almost cried when I left Aydreanne with my MIL. After being with her for 24 hours of almost 3 months, it's hard to let go. Thank goodness my office is within proximity to home so my plan is to go back to breast feed her every lunch time. And to rush home every day after work to see her.

Every minute is important because by the time I get back after work and play with her a little, we have dinner and it's time to put her to bed. She sleeps thru the night now so we try and put her to bed about 9pm and she'll wake up on her own between 5am and 6am.

At this young age, as long as she is fed when hungry, diaper is changed when soiled and receives plenty of cuddles, she is totally fine. It me the mommy who's having separation anxiety!

But judging by the number of friends on FB who are all going back to work about the same time as I am, we're all in the same boat.

2 months maternity is the norm here in Malaysia. But it's definitely too soon for a mum and baby to be separated. Just wondering when we will catch up with the other countries that give 3, 4, 6 months or even a year off.

Maybe I should move to Australia and have a baby and take 6 months of half pay leave. And get paid for it too!

Or maybe move to Japan for 1 year of paid maternity leave. One Japanese friend even managed to negotiate 2 years off!! Amazing.

No comments: