Sunday, September 12, 2010

Going Back To Work After Baby

After 2 months of maternity leave and extending it by another 3 weeks by using all my annual leave and combining it with the Raya holidays, I have to finally return to work tomorrow. I'm totally dreading it.

3 months is definitely too early for me to leave my little baby. She's now growing bigger, cries less, communicates more and is so adorable. She coos a lot now. When she says "oooooh" and I say "oooooh" back to her, she giggles with delight. We could go on and on 'speaking' to each other this way.

In the 5 days we were in Phuket on holiday, she learnt so many new coo words. She can coo sounds that sound like "Boo", "Go", "Hello" and "How are you".

When I go back to work, how many more developments and milestones would I miss? Will I be there when she first rolls over? To crawl? To walk? To call for me?

It breaks my heart not to be with her 24 hours a day. I never thought I'd want it but I really would like to be a stay at home mum, if only for 6 months or a year. Unfortunately finances does not allow for that.

So to work I go and I'll return home every day at lunch time to see her and to breastfeed her.

Hope all goes well tomorrow!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hope your first day back to work went well. xx

Bubbles said...

Blogging about it now :)