Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stay At Home Mum

My Facebook is exploding with comments. Why? Because my status is:
"Bubbles has quit her job. Last day this Friday. I'm going to be a stay at home mum!:D"
And the comments are still growing and flooding in. Before I reply 1, 2 more appear.

It is surprising and shocking I guess. Especially since I just returned to work.

But that's the exact reason why this is the best time! I just got back and have not started work on any projects. So I told management I wanted to leave and negotiated not to serve my notice period. They agreed.

So I'm outta her on Friday. Just one more working day to go since tomorrow is a public holiday.
I've been a salaried worker for all of my working life. So to quit without a job just like that is scary. But it feels so right. I want to be there for Aydreanne's milestones. I want to just be there. She started to coo a word that sounds like "Hello". She smiles when you help her clap her hands. She cries shen you put her on her tummy and she's not strong enough to crawl forward yet. She beams when it's bath time. She fusses before bed because she wants to watch TV. I want to be there for all those moments.

After being a mom, a 9-5 job is no longer for me. I never thought I'd ever want it but I do feel that being a stay at home mum is probably one of the best decisions I've made.

No comments: