Friday, September 17, 2010

Last Day At Work





Today is my last day at work and I'm feeling elated!

When I leave a company, no matter how sucky it was, I usually feel slightly heavy hearted. Maybe it's the long hours spent there. Maybe it's the hard work put in and the work pushed out. Maybe it's the friends I made. Maybe it's a slight fear that it's the wrong move.

But this time, I feel none of the above. I just feel so happy and free. So .... right.

To all my friends, thank you for your support, encouragement and happiness for the decision I've made to quit my job to be a stay home mum. Thank you for all the Facebook posts and all the calls and SMSes.
I haven't been congratulated this much since I got pregnant.
I didn't even think congratulations were in order. But now that I think about it, it is totally appropriate.

Although I know that this is the right move for me, it feels even better to be validated and supported.

I am also thankful for Lord Gaga for totally supporting this decision.

I'm so loved.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

WOW! Congrats!

It must have been a hard decision (to some extend) and it is great to have a supportive partner. I am very happy for you!

Enjoy being a SAHM. You know you are definitely loved by all. *hugs* ^.^

Bubbles said...

Thanks Suzanne!

I knew I wanted this from even before she was born. But yeah, it still took some mulling over due to all the other factors such as a 10 year career and financial situation too. But it's the best decision ever.

Thanks and hugs right back!