Monday, March 12, 2007

Nokia N73 vs Sony Ericsson K800

I’ve been a loyal user of Nokia mobile phones for the last 10 years. They are pretty, simple, functional and very user friendly.

That is until they came up with their new batch of phones. I bought the N73 when they came up with the N Series. The phone is well designed and comes with jam packed amounts of functions. Unfortunately it is so sssssllllllooooooooooooooooo wwwwwww.

It can take up to 5 minutes to send one (1) SMS. It resets itself several times a day. It hangs when a call comes through. It takes 2 minutes for the camera to start up. The phone really pissed me off and I was complaining all the time. What use is a phone when you can’t do basic functions like make / receive calls and SMSes? I’m not even talking about the rest of the functions like music player and games.

So Paul bought me the Sony Ericsson K800i. And one for himself too. And we spent about an hour last night video calling each other. It’s so fun and it has different options to play with too. Better make the most of it while 3G is still not widely used and video calling is still free cos the telco’s are trying to promote it.

Yes I’ve finally gone over to the other side. So far I find that the graphics are better and there are more functions. I’m still in the transitional period. I need to get to the stage where I can use the phone without looking at it. That may take a while since the interface is different from that of Nokia’s. Then I’ll do a proper comparison of the 2 brands.

No comments: