Monday, March 12, 2007

A Non Clubbing Version 4.0 Weekend

It was a good weekend. One which I achieved 1,2, 3 and 12 from the list of Non-Clubbing activities and even added a few more items to the list.

The weekend started on Friday night where Paul and I watched the Pursuit of Happyness. Such sad and heartwarming story. Makes me appreciate all that I have. Believe that most of us reading this have not ever been that broke that we do not have a roof over our heads. What more being in that position with a child to take care off. Even if we don’t have much money in the bank, most of us are fortunate enough to have parents or friends who can be that safety net. It’s just a question of whether we chose to use that safety net or not. So we will never experience that feeling where you’re not only at your wit’s end but also have a broken spirit with no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel.

On Saturday, Paul coloured my hair in Revlon Light Redish Brown. He did a good job even though I was squirming and not able to sit still. I was running about and had to be content with colouring my colouring book while waiting for the colour to set.

Then we headed out to 1U to meet Michelle Shell to watch 300. Isn’t Gold Class great? I love the chair which reclines so that I can stretch / move / squirm / lie straight / sit cross legged / sit with legs folded and the best part – there’s no one close enough to you to hear them talk or for them to kick your chair (which is what happened while watching Pursuit of Happyness in the normal cinemas).

I can understand why everyone is raving about 300. Or why the movie only took a few months to shoot on blue screen followed by a year of CGI. It was so beautifully shot that I didn’t think it was gory or bloody. Can someone tell me if those 8 packs on the men are real??!

We spent most of the sunlight hours of Sunday lazing around at home drinking coffee and chatting. The TV wasn’t even switched on. It’s so amazing when you can immerse yourself with another person and not have the need of external factors for entertainment.

And that was my mellow weekend which I enjoyed immensely. I’ll target the other items and the Non Clubbing Activity list next weekend.

No comments: