Friday, November 16, 2007

TV & Movie Watching Mood

Stardust the Movie was funny, sarky (I love good sarcasm!) and fun to watch. While it wasn’t that close to the book by Neil Gaiman, it was entertaining and I had no major gripes about it.


Apart from About a Boy by Nick Hornby which was a movie based on a book which I personally felt was as good as the book and even stayed true to the storyline up to the small details, more often than not, I always feel disappointed after I’ve watch any movie based on a book which I’ve read.



When you read a book, you’re in a theatre of the mind which can draw you in completely especially if you have a vivid imagination. Sometimes when I watch a movie based on a book, I feel like I’ve already seen the movie. It helps when the author is descriptive and totally immerses you into the world he’s created.


Thus, this time with Stardust, I decided not to re-read the book which I tend to do sometimes before movies. I didn’t want to end up frustrated and through the course of the movie, think to myself “That’s not what happened!”, “Who is that new character?” and “They jumped from the scene on Page 57 to Page 285?!!!”.


Thanks to Sin Cyn who organized for 8 of us to watch the movie at Cineleisure on Cheap Movie Day Wednesdays!


We may be watching Beowolf soon to see Angeline Jolie (hot hot hot!). Neil Gaiman was part of the team which adapted the legend for the big screen.


And I can’t wait for Enchanted. I thought it was a cartoon but the trailer showed that it was animation meets the real world, something like the original Roger Rabbit. The trailer was funny from the start to the end. It had me in stitches…. All 3 minutes of it or however long trailers usually lasts. Not to mention that Mc Dreamy (Patrick Dempsey of Gray’s Anatomy) plays the modern day prince. How apt. He’s not my version of hot, by those eyes would make most women swoon.


I’m going home now to watch the last few episodes of Gray’s Anatomy Season 3. I heard that Season 4 is already available!


I’m in such a TV series and movie watching mood!


No comments: