Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pig vs Rat

The Eve of Chinese New Year Eve is upon us.


Many of us can’t wait for the Year of the Rat to end because there’s been a lot of deaths and accidents in the past few weeks. It almost feels like the Pig doesn’t want to relinquish power to the Rat and is causing as much impact as he possibly can in the last few days of his reign.


On a lighter note, I’m on a mission to collect ang paus this few days because this is the LAST year I’m going to be able to do so!


Well, I’ve been collecting ang paus for the last 31 years. Not a bad run I guess. Plus the older you get, the less money you get anyway. But it still beats giving away ang paus!


Saatchi is closed from tomorrow onwards till the weekend! So lotsa ang paus, food, yee sang and mandarin oranges are in store for me while I go visiting especially on Paul’s side as we need to ‘announce’ our engagement to everyone.


Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai! May the year of the rat bring you good luck, good fortune, good health, good wealth and abundance of prosperity!

No comments: