Friday, January 18, 2008

Bubbles is Engaged!

I’m still on leave today but came into the office to take my camera cable so that I could download the pics of the holiday to Bali and post it up on the blog as well as on Facebook.


Some colleagues saw something on my finger and realized it was a diamond ring and there were a lot of screaming and hugging going on.


Yes, Paul proposed.


It was in the villa on one night after a long and tiring day out. He said “I don’t want to say the usual things guys say and we can’t tell what the future holds but we know that this is what we’ve wanted for our future”. He then took out the Indonesian bear (I collect the Starbuck Bearista Bear Series from the different cities to which I travel) which was holding a red box bearing the diamond ring. “Will you marry me?”


I of course said ‘yes’.


But I was sun burnt and was in pain so I went to sleep after that. Hahaha!


But when we woke up in the morning, we sat by the pool, held hands and listened to Keith Urban’s Memories of Us.


I'm gonna be here for you baby
And I'll be a man of my own word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm


(Chorus:)
And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us


I wanna honor your mother
And I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
And I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been


We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way
I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now


And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss
Mmm hummm


And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust makin' memories of us
Ohhh
And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust makin memories of us
Mmmmm
Ohhhhhhhh Oh Baby Mmmmmmm




And now we’re officially engaged.


The first question people ask is “When is the wedding?”. We’re only beginning to plan it now since the engagement was a few days ago but it will be some where end of the year.


And the second question is “Can I see the ring?” So here it is.





I wasn’t planning an engagement party but colleagues were excited and within 5 minutes of seeing the ring, a party was planned. We’ll start with a small pool party at a colleague’s place then we’ll move on to Bar Savanh Too later in the night. It’s a very impromptu party but since I wasn’t planning one anyway, I thought this would suffice and I’ve sent out a few SMSes to those I thought could make it. Not only do I have a party but I’ve friends volunteering with the wedding planning already!


I’d like to post about the entire Bali trip and the breathtaking villa we stayed in but right now I have a barrage of SMSes and MSN messages to reply in regards to the engagement party tonight. And I’m rushing to meet a wedding planner before the engagement party so other pics will be posted up later.

2 comments:

Ally said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's a beautiful ring indeed. Have fun planning the wedding as well!

Bubbles said...

Thank you! Feeling the stress already ..... the venue, the florist, the make up, the hair dresser, the photographer, the videographer, the invitations .....

There will be loads more posts on the wedding planning as I learn, research and make decisions. So look out for them.

So exciting!