Monday, May 12, 2008

Mummy's Faceook. Babies Pic

Why is it that once a person, especially females, become mothers, they seem to loose their identity? Willingly. An example is Facebook. I’ve people looking me up then adding me. And when I check their profile to see if I really do know these people or not, all I see is a pic of a kid. A kid I don’t know. I then look for alternate pics of the person and very often, there are none. Just the one pic of the kid. So how do I identify who is the person adding me if I don’t recognize the name nor the pic? On top of that, married women often change their names to take on their husband’s surnames. Not to forget many people have ‘glamour’ names too. That just adds to the confusion especially for people you’ve not met in a while.


I can understand loving your kid so much that every chance you get, you post up their pic. Some have Facebooks accounts for their babies. That’s fine too. But for your own Facebook account?


I don’t get it. But since so many mothers do it, maybe I’ll only understand when I become a mum.


8 comments:

Srikanth Siva said...

doesnt happen to me coz i dont have many friends....must feel nice

Bubbles said...

U look like a happening guy. And if u can leave Malaysia and survive in the States for so many years, there's gotta be a sociability bug in ya. :)

Srikanth Siva said...

unfortunately not the case. People dont socialize much here.

Bubbles said...

They don't? Which part of the States are u at? What about joining social clubs or learning something? U'll be able to meet like minded people that way.

Are u not enjoying yourself there then?

Que Sera Sera said...

i must say, am just one of them! Yes, it is the beauty of being a mom - you just can't get enough of your baby!! my facebook have my pics of course, only a few but countless photos of my baby..;)

Bubbles said...

I can understand the new mum syndrome and the posting of pics but at least there are pics of you so friends can identify you. :) That helps. Went to ur blog but can't access tho. Guess I won't get to see pics of u. :)

Que Sera Sera said...

bubbles,
oh yes, actually my blog is like a diary for me and i restricted the access...hmm, actually, am the only one who has the access. I keep this blog basically to pen down things happening to me & baby, our developments, happiness, our devastation or even our hopes (just like the conventional diary). Dont think anyone wants to read those personalised things, hence restricted it. At least I could write whatever i want freely, without anyone judging me. But I do enjoy other's blog though. :-)

Bubbles said...

Thank u for reading my blog and I do hope you enjoy it. All the best to baby and you. :)