Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Joyce Hour At Atrium Tonight

I came out of a meeting and went back to my desk. An orange MSN Messenger tab stared back at me. A message from Kinky Blue Fairy, currently known as Kinky Violet Fairy:



*KinkyVioletFairy* says:

fuck i can't believe i forgot to call you, most alco queen of all, are you free tonight?

*KinkyVioletFairy* says:
pls come to atrium from 8 onwards... there's booze and Happy Joyce Hours and every 5 girls that come, another bottle is thrown in.


What do u mean I’m the most alco queen of all? YOU’RE the most alco queen of all, Fairy! Who else has 2 bars name cocktails after her? And have a club host a free party for her just cos u r happening?


I’m the retired clubber. Really! I know that it sounds really strange and not everyone is used to hearing those words come out from my mouth so they ask me to repeat myself. And they still stare at me with the most perplexed look on their face when I say the words for the third time.


I guess mere words cannot easily erase 15 years of clubbing history. Even if it’s coming from the horse’s mouth.


I now go into a club and complain “why are there so many young chikus here?”. That, among many other reasons, is a sure fire sign to push one towards clubbing retirement before the young chikus say “Eh, what are those old farts doing in a club?”


However, I am glad that you are continuing the passion of clubbing and blazing the way for others. Keep it up party girl!


I’ll be at Wabisabi tonight. Maybe I’ll see u at Atrium later.


I’ve retired from clubbing! Really!

No comments: