Thursday, September 18, 2008

1 Month to the Wedding!

It's exactly 1 month to our wedding.

In fact, according to the wedding day schedule, at this very moment 1 month from now, Paul and I would be popping the champagne and making our speech as husband and wife.

I'm glad to say that everything is on track and there's really not that much else to do except ensure the wedding planning committee all understand and able to undertake their roles, count the wedding presents, check on the guest list and write our wedding vows. Oh and go for spas, facials, manicures, pedicures and get a slight tan!

Met with Live Life! Travel Ashley this afternoon to discuss the honeymoon plans. He asked how it feels getting married. And I told him that it feels totally natural.

Close friends can't believe the change in me. When I was 20, I was totally against the concept of marriage. When I was 25, i thought okay maybe, just maybe, marriage isn't that bad. And just last year, I couldn't wait to be married and that day is only 30 days away.

I was expecting cold feet, apprehension and a lot of fights but none of that has happened.

Marriage is scary. You're going to be committed to this one person for the rest of your life. For better or for worst. In sickness and in health. But when you find a person who loves you so much, a person who thinks the world of you, a person who complements and edifies you, and you feel exactly the same, then marriage feels natural and becomes a union that will enhance your life and you can't help but look forward to it.

30 days and counting!

No comments: