Thursday, September 04, 2008

Contractors' Timing

Contractors are all liars and that’s a fact. If they promise you that a job will get done in 2 days, double it. It’ll take 4 days.

If they say they’ll get back to you in 2 weeks, triple it. After chasing and chasing, they’ll finally get back to you in 6 weeks.

And when they do get back to you, quite possible, they’ll get it done wrong. Then it’s another few days or weeks of rectification.

And for the rare contractor or vendor who’s polite, helpful and on time, their supplier will screw them over, resulting in yet again, late delivery dates.

After dealing with suppliers of wardrobes, grilles, curtains, furniture, electrical, white goods, framing, mirrors, plumbing, lighting, moving and general contracting works, only one or 2 did their jobs perfectly. So if you’re moving to a new place and planning to do some small renovating works, from the time u start speaking to vendors to the time u get to move in properly, give it a minimum of 3 months.

As of today, everything is almost completed. I just have to wait for some of the lights to be changed, some paint touch up work to be done, the sofa to be delivered and Streamyx to come in. I’ve been calling Streamyx for more than a week and still….. nothing. So here I am in a café checking my mail and blogging. So do bear with me if my posts are slow coming in. I fully intend to blog more once I’ve broadband in the new home.

I love everyone’s comments and would love to visit other people’s blogs. Once the darn broadband comes in and I can surf from the comforts of my own home!

No comments: