Monday, June 02, 2008

Broken

The 8 different types of antibiotic, antihistamines, antipyretics, cough syrup, pain killers and sleeping pills did their jobs but I’m still coughing a bit. But then again the cough is always the last symptom to go away. At least my phlegm no longer looks like I coughed up bits of my brain.


The almost one week MC also helped a little but it just makes me want to stay in bed even more. Being sick and in pain in bed is much preferred to being here in the office.


Guess it’s clear that the situation at work hasn’t improved. More people have resigned.


I want to too. But after asking around, the situation isn’t much better in most of the other top agencies. And we’re not even talking about the smaller and newer agencies.


Everything seems to be broken. The photo copier machine. Remember my broken chair? Our spirits are broken. I’m broken too.


I don’t want to be here anymore.


I told my team mate Lola that I wanna quit, serve my 2 months notice, then spend the rest of my time relaxing, going for spas and planning my wedding. She just shouted ‘No! You can’t leave me here alone with all this work. No! No! No!’ and at that point she covered her ears, shoke her head vigorously and ignored what I said.


Things really are falling apart over here.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're well compensated for all the rubbish you seem to put up with. Why don't they just hire more people and spread the work around? Or alternatively, relinquish one or two accounts if there isn't enough man(people)power. I know, easier said than done when lots of money is at stake. But its about sustainability. Or at least it should be.

Bubbles said...

Nope no compensation. That's just the way it works around here. There is never ever enough man power. And we all just have to get the work done no matter what it takes. Even if it breaks us. Some times we just want to give up, but somehow we have this huge sense of responsibility towards our colleagues who are also our friends because we spend so much time at work together. If we quit or refuse to do the work, it's our friends who will suffer. So we complain but we soldier on.

But there will come a point where we simply cannot go on no matter how hard we push ourselves. For me, that time is approaching. I can feel it.

Thank you for feeling me. And offering suggestions even though management will never implement them. But it helps that someone seems to understand.

What do you do? What industry and country are u in?