Monday, June 09, 2008

Yay! Long weekend! The office is closed as replacement for the Agong’s Birthday on Saturday. But then I realized that everyone else is working today! Only the Saatchian were not. Sin Cyn is in Bangkok. So I called Michelle Who Stays on The Seashore and invited her for lunch at Prego. I bought the Starwood membership and it comes with a complementary lunch at Prego for 2 but it’s only valid on weekdays so I thought that this was the perfect opportunity since we’ll not get another day off on an official work day.


I called Westin to make the reservation and within minutes, I received a SMS confirming the reservation! I thought that was interesting. Shell picked me up and we had a lovely lunch.


The soup we both had

The fish which Shell had


I had the penne pasta with a fancy name (but essentially it’s in bolognaise sauce)


All the courses very good and the pasta was al dante (the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth". When the pasta is cooked al dente, there should be a slight resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed). Perfect. I don’t know why but most places cannot cook their pasta al dante. It’s usually always over cooked and soft which irritates the hell out of me. Even high end places don’t always get it right. So I was impressed with the consistency of their pasta.

We had a good meal and stayed on and chatted for almost 3 hours. And within 10 mins of us leaving, I received another SMS from Prego saying ‘Thank you for dining with us’. That was truly a very nice thought. 5 star hotels are these big establishment from whom we’ve come to expect good service but they do seems a bit cold and distant apart from the good service from their staff. But those SMSes just put them tops in my book as they’ve just made that dining experience that much more personal. I'll be back there again.


No comments: