Friday, June 20, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane in Subang

Paul & I had an errand to run in Subang so we went to Swensens in Subang Parade. Neither of us had Swensens in years. My last time was probably when I was in college.

The cheese stick was absolutely yummy.



The clam chowder was good too and it came served in a hollowed sough dough bun.

I was beginning to really enjoy the food and was wondering why we stopped eating at Swensens.


Unfortunately the fried chicken was too oily, tasteless and worst of all, only half cook. I asked them if we’d get a 50% discount.


While waiting for an answer, I wanted to order some ice cream. Sticky chewy chocolate! But they ran out of my favourite flavour from Swensens. As was 6 of the other best selling flavours from them. Hmmmm.


I asked for the bill and checked if they gave a discount off the chicken. Nope. Butt the did give a RM5 discount voucher …….. which has only a 1 month validity and I’ve to spend a minimum of RM50 to get the discount. Now I know why I’ve not been back at Swensens.


And since we we’re on a trip down memory lane, we took a drive around the corner and went to check out Taylor's College where we both crossed paths 13 years ago but never really met till 11 1/2 years later.


But instead of Taylor's College, what we saw was Taylor's University College. Our dear college has expanded so much since our time there. And they were really good times indeed. Good memories. Sure doesn't feel like I graduated from college 13 years ago. The age is showing. Hahaha!



No comments: